After having moving in and out of the dorms several times at this point, I consider myself to be a professional. Moving out is no easy feat especially when you’re moving out at the exact same time as hundreds of other students, but here are some of my tips and tricks as to how to handle moving out like a pro:
- Pack as much as you can into a suitcase. They’re easy to transport and they hold quite a bit, while still being compact.
- Use your declining balance to buy snacks for the road and water for the security guards
- Take a look at your wardrobe. Donate any clothes that you did not wear often throughout the school year.
- Start taking down your room decorations prior to the move out date. It makes things so much easier when you aren’t in a time crunch to remove all of your string lights and posters.
- Do your laundry before you move out. Try to have as minimal dirty clothes as possible, therefore you don’t have to keep things separate.
- Get rid of your shower caddy for sanitation purposes.
- Thank your parents or friends who are helping you move.
Happy moving day and best of luck!