Number One Tip For All International Students

New

Hey everyone! My name is Zorya, a recent new addition to the admissions blog. I’m so excited to be part of this blog and share with you my experiences and give you tips and tricks on how to survive the crazy life that is New York and FIT. Being an international student from a small village in Switzerland,New York was always such an exciting word, but at the same time terrifying. I didn’t know what to expect nor how I would adapt to this huge change in scenery. Today I can say that it has been the best thing that ever happened to me. Since being here I have become my own person, discovered things about myself I would of never have if I had stayed back home.

The number one tip I have for any international students that are planning on applying to FIT, is to dorm (at least the first year). Personally it really helped me to settle down in the city, without having to worry about paying rent, figuring out which subway to take, and walking back home late at night after class. Also it’s great because you have a roommate and making friends is much more fun when you’re meeting people that all have the same passion you have and are so close. There are a lot of rules when you dorm at FIT, but looking back now, I’m happy there was, because it really gave you this sense of security and safety, which I think is important if you are new to the city.

Let me know if you have any request of topics you would like me to cover!

xoxo

Zorya