Registration Time

While most of us are currently on spring break and enjoying our time off, we cannot neglect the fact that registration for next semester is happening in the next couple of weeks!  For me, it is the most wonderful time of the year because I get to plan ahead!  Nothing makes me more excited than knowing what my future semester is going to look like.  While that may sound ridiculous, there is a certain level of ease that comes over me once I see that I am ready to go and move forward with my education.  If registration time freaks you out, I’m here to give you a few tips to put yourself at ease.

• Visit your academic advisor!  I covered how to make an appointment with your advisor here. Your advisor will help guide you and tell you what classes you can take and need to take.  Not every class is available to your major or counts towards graduation.  Make sure that you don’t get behind and talk to your advisor about your concerns!
  • Prepare for the big day.  While I have never heard of any student doing this, don’t pick your classes AS you’re registering.  Classes fill up FAST, so if you aren’t prepared, you may not get the classes you prefer at your desired time.  Plan out what classes you want to take and make a mock schedule based on the availabilities.  You can view the classes and times that they are being offered on your myFIT account!
  • Write down the ISBN numbers.  So you got your registration time and you’re panicking because you’re at the same time as everyone else in your major.  To ensure a speedy registration, write down the ISBN numbers associated with the class section that you want to take.  When it comes time to register, you can type in the ISBN numbers, rather than going to search for each individual class.
  • Have a backup plan.  While you may have followed the previous bullets to a T, you may not get the classes you want.  Make a secondary schedule in case something falls through.  While it may not be likely, you want to be as prepared as possible!

Happy registration!

Ashley