Under Pressure

Hey everyone,

So it is spring break for most but not for me, when you have a full time job, or two you don’t really get to have your typical spring break. While I would love to be lounging on a beach somewhere or just even relaxing at home , I am currently stuck behind my desk at work watching the days pass me by. The past few days with my online midterms and projects due at the end of the week I have been struggling with staying calm and positive. I am far from calm at this point in the semester as most are. Long work days and exams are starting to get the best of me. So I decided to try some things that were suggested to me,

untitled

• Spend some time with friends, you need to be around people who support you and lift you up. Sometimes you need a little down time, when you over work yourself and don’t enjoy other things in life it can really get to you.
  • Start each day with a bang! Try to exercise in the morning or start the day with coffee or try tea instead. Whatever it may be start the day off with something that makes you feel good.
  • Blog or even journal, sometimes being able to get all your feelings out can really help. I really like going back to my own blog posts and seeing how far I have come from the beginning of college. Everyone has those days where nothing is going right but staying positive and realizing how much good you’ve accomplished can change any situation.
  • Lastly do something you enjoy at least once a week, do you like hiking? getting your nails done? taking a nice bath with your favorite Lush bath bomb? whatever it is make sure you enjoy it. I treat myself to a pedicure on Friday nights after work, its well worth the 15 dollars to just feel relaxed and not think about anything else except the color I am going to get on my toes.

After trying some of these things the past few days I have really seen a change in myself and my outlook. So no matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up and most importantly never give up.

Keep up the good work,

Kailee