So a couple months ago, I decided to take the plunge and apply for the honors program here at FIT. I always had good grades, but I was really scared of applying for any extra activities at FIT, because I had already so much work on my hands with school work, that I didn’t want it to affect my grades. Once I got accepted and started talking to people in the program all these fears I made up in my head vanished. I actually found out how much more I can benefit from it!
- No extra work If you were like me and afraid it would take up more of your time, don’t worry! Except for homework and tests, you only have to meet once a month every Wednesday evening and go to a few events throughout the semester (which if you think about it is nothing).
2. Priority registration! Were you always able to get into the classes you wanted to? The perks of being in the honors program, is that you are never going to have to worry about classes being full, or not getting into the class you wanted.
3. Liberal art courses can be substituted with your honors courses Another reason why it’s no extra work, is because you get to substitute an honors course with one of your required Liberal Arts courses.
4. Amazing teachers According to a friend of mine who was in the honors program for two years, those were some of the best and most qualified teachers she’s ever had. The teachers really love what they teach and make the classes super interesting to follow.
5. You get a 500$ discount Every year you get a 500$ stipend, which gets deducted from your tuition bill.
6. Guaranteed housing If you are accepted you get guaranteed access housing to the FIT residence halls.
Hope this was helpful for any of you who were still considering applying for the presidential scholars program.