FIT has Pride!

Hey everyone !

So this past week FIT showed its colors in the breezeway, while presenting FIT Pride Day. This day was one that is close to my heart. Having Friends, Family, and many loved ones who are gay, lesbian, whatever sexuality it may be, who are very close to me. I have seen there struggles, I have been there when they couldn’t tell there families, their heart break , the smiles on there faces when they realized there family didn’t look at them differently, My best friend when he finally went on his first date, the happiness in there eyes when they are finally free to let go and be themselves.

unnamed

It is finally 2015 and I am proud to be apart of the generation that is more than accepting, times have finally changed. Where everyone is free to be themselves,  same sex marriage was finally approved , and the world is becoming a much happier place.  I love that FIT shows everyone support regardless of race, gender, or sexuality. So when  deciding if you want to be apart of FIT ask yourself do you want to be apart of a family? Or just another student at a school. At FIT you are not just another number in a desk, you are known by name and are able to be apart of a very close knit family.

How do you show your pride?

Xoxo

Kailee