With an incredibly long winter break, the first instinct may be to make a mental list of all of the shows that you’re going to watch on Netflix. While break is a great time to relax and unwind, it is also a time to reflect and plan for your future. Here are some of my recommended activities while you’re back in your hometown for a little while:
- Read books that interest you
- Try out a new recipe and find your signature dish that you’ll be able to wow your roommates with once you get back from break
- Meet with your accountant/financial planner to see if you’re in good standing with academic payments and post-graduation
- Get in all of your mandatory appointments – dentist, general check up, etc.
- Have a movie and cookie decorating night with all of your friends from your town
- Explore a different area of your hometown
- Try out a new restaurant in your local area
- Back up all of your documents and photos from the semester
- Clear out your email inbox with unnecessary emails and newsletter subscriptions
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter or soup kitchen
Enjoy your winter break!