The end of the semester is here and with that comes beautiful weather, and sometimes a tendency to slack in the motivation department. Here are some of my tips and tricks for preparing for finals:
- Study outside of your apartment. If you have a habit of studying on your couch and falling asleep, now is the time to kick that habit in the butt. Head over to the library, coffee shop, or a place best suited for zero distractions and quiet time.
- Keep your phone on loud. This may sound counterproductive, however, I typically check my phone when I’m curious if I have a new notification or text message. If you keep your volume up, you’ll know when you’ve been notified, rather than constantly checking to see if someone needs to get a hold of you. If you’re studying in the library, put your phone on loud, but put headphones in.
- Study with friends. If you’re in a study group, someone most likely has some insight on a topic that you aren’t 100% confident about, and vice versa. You become more knowledgeable about the topic when you have to teach it to someone else.
- Plan out your schedule. Set deadlines for yourself and allow yourself to go out to dinner or plan a cafe visit so that you have something to look forward to.
- Sleep. This step is often very neglected during finals weeks, but is so important that you are getting proper rest. You wouldn’t want to be under the weather the first week of summer, would you?
Best of luck!