The FIT Meditation Space is located on the seventh floor of the Dubinsky Student Center (Room A-746), and was created to provide a spiritually calm, warm, and supportive space for FIT students. It invites students from all backgrounds and cultures to meditate, pray, reflect, or simply to take time to be still. Personally, I love to relax in between classes and take time to reflect on my week and manifest positivity in my life.
Meditation Space Guidelines
The Meditation Space is intended for currently enrolled students and is intended for individual use only. In other words, this space may not be used for any organized group activity or meetings.
Hours of access are from 9AM-6PM, Monday through Friday. The room will remain unlocked and accessible during this time. The Space is closed on weekends, college holidays, and academic term breaks. Visitors must adhere to the following guidelines:
• Sign the Guest User log upon entry
• Remove your shoes upon entry and place them in the provided shoe rack
• Any bags or backpacks should be placed into the cubbies provided
• Do not use this room as a lounge, study room, a meeting room, or for other purposes
• Do not use this space to sleep
• No items are to be removed from the room save for your own personal belongings
• Users are asked to leave the room in the same condition as it was in prior to use
• Silence and mutual respect are expected at all times; music is to be listened to through earphones or earplugs with all musical devices (e.g., iPods, MP3 players, etc.)
• Food and beverages are not permitted in the meditation space
• Cell phone use in space is for emergency use only; cell phones must be placed on silent upon entry
• Candles, burning oils, incense, or any other flammable items are not permitted in the meditation space
Provided by the Department of Student Life
Take advantage of the many wonderful resources FIT has to offer!