Transfer Credits

Hey everyone!

So I recently ran into a problem and I thought this might be a problem for most people. I currently work full time and have a part time internship so I take all of my classes online so I have enough time for everything . Commuting  to NYC it takes about 2 1/2 hours out of my day. So if I have a class from 9:00-12:00 I have to get on the 12:45 train and then wont get home till 1:50-2:00 then I cant get much work in from 2:00-5:00 when my job is open.

So as you can see why I need to take all my classes online but as I went to register for my last semester there was a math class I needed to take , and the online section was full. I figured I could do one of two things try and take the class somewhere else over the summer or take a chance and see if someone will drop the online math class next semester.

Instead of taking the chance I went to my local community college which is also down the street from my job. But since I live in New Jersey I need to make sure the credits will transfer, and your in luck because there is a way you can get the course approved before taking it and wasting your time!

How to make sure your course is approved:

First thing is first you need to look at FIT’s description of the course and the college of your choices description and see what matches best. Next you need to fill out the “course equivalency” form  http://www.fitnyc.edu/registrar/forms/reg-courseequivalency.pdf. Then either email it to [email protected] or Visit them in C158 with the form and a copy of the course syllabus from the other school.

This process takes about 5 days before they respond to you . Then you will find out if you are approved or not and once you are just go sign up at the other school ! It is actually really simple!

As much as I would love to take all my courses at FIT sometimes you need to go elsewhere to graduate on time or take a class that isn’t offered in the summer or winter because of work, other classes, ect. I am still waiting to hear back to see if my classes are approved , but hopefully I will get my class in this summer and graduate in time!

Xoxo,

Kailee