Free Events in NYC this December

Hey everyone!

I do not know about you but getting closer to the holidays I do not have a lot of extra money to spare so I am always looking for free events. I recently came across a few that I know everyone really enjoys and some that are brand new.

The Holiday Shops at Bryant Park –Midtown West – Until January 3, 2016

Francis Bacon: Late Paintings – Gagosian Gallery, Lenox Hill Until December 12, 2015

On view are paintings produced by Bacon during the last 20 years of his life. Bacon was known for his screaming popes and writhing figures, but his late-career paintings are somewhat more refined, with visceral brushwork giving way to spray paint, and brighter colors supplanting dark tones.

Rockafeller Center Tree Lighting Ceremony – December 2, 2015 – Midtown West

Proceedings start at 7:00pm, but you will want to get there as early as you can to secure a spot. The actual lighting takes place at the end of the program; most of the two-hour event is devoted to celebrity performances.

Target First Saturday – Brooklyn Museum, Prospect Park – Saturday December 5, 2015

The revered Brooklyn institution stays open late and waives admission on the first Saturday of every month. Attendees can take in performances and lectures, go on guided tours or sip wine between gallery browsing

Medium of Desire: An international Anthology of Photography and Video- Soho, December 17, 2015 – March 16, 2016

Fourteen artists from nine countries bridges cultural differences with the unifying theme of desire.

Enjoy!

Kailee