Living in New York City is not cheap. From wanting to explore all of the sites and try new restaurants, spending an arm and a leg on things like paper towel and shampoo. I’m here to help you get the biggest bang for your buck on the everyday essentials without skimping out on quality!
- Toilet Paper & Paper Towel: Home Depot (You’d be surprised!)
- Toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, body wash: Harmon’s or Bed Bath and Beyond (Sign up for their emails to get a 20% off one item once a month)
- Produce: Trader Joe’s (You don’t pay by the pound, you pay by the number of items)
- Groceries: Trader Joe’s or Fairway (Fairway for name brand/generic, Trader Joe’s for their own brand)
- Cleaning Supplies: Harmon’s or Bed Bath and Beyond
- School Supplies: Staples or the FIT Bookstore, depending on the product
My biggest tip is to try to stray away from places like CVS or Duane Reade, even though it’s convenient because their prices are often 2-3x what you’d pay elsewhere. I hope this helped you save a few extra bucks!