Applying for Graduation

Hi everyone!

This week I applied for graduation from FIT! It has flown by, and also felt like a long time coming. It took only a minute on the online MyFIT portal to apply, which is strange after spending nearly four years working away at my degree.

My best friend from high school and I at Admitted Students Day in 2016!

I am excited to graduate in the spring, and look forward to closing out my final two classes. When I graduated high school, I would have never guessed the path my education and career would take. Little me would be so proud! From volunteering at a New York Fashion Week show to interning for a luxury brand, I would have never thought I’d get to experience these things.

It’s funny how after working fashion shows and being in the luxury environment, I’ve definitely felt more pulled toward a more “apparel” and less “fashion” focus. It’s something I didn’t know when I was in high school, and is a good reminder to keep an open mind. When I started at FIT I thought I would become a buyer one day, but I’ve really enjoyed the path I am on to be on the producing side of things.

I have enjoyed the last three and a half years, and am definitely ready to wrap up my last half, as bittersweet as it may be!

Sam