Hello there! The fall semester is about to start in less than a week and most of us are probably not ready… There is so much to complete and do before the semester starts, which is why I thought I would give you a little guide to make it a little easier for you!
- Check you FIT email You want to make sure you haven’t gotten any email announcements from your professors. Some might already want you to do something before class (buy textbooks, homework, projects etc.), you never know… but better start off the semester prepared.
- Log In to Blackboard Always log in to your Blackboard, a lot of times professors make announcement there at the start of the semester. They post the syllabus, policies, tips etc. Again they might want you to do something before class starts, and it will be there under announcements. Just check it to make sure.
- Check that you are Registered I would make sure you are registered to all your signed up classes. This semester one of my classes got canceled, so I had to make sure I replaced it, which can take a some time, especially if you already have your schedule planned. You can check under you MyFIT -> Student -> Registration -> View Student Schedule
- Start looking for good deals A lot of professors want you to purchase the textbook before class starts. I wouldn’t, usually you don’t event tend to use it on the first day. But I would start researching good deals on amazon, facebook, thrift stores etc. because your probably going to have to purchase it at some point.
- Download Elucian GO If you are new and don’t know where all you classes are or want to be able to see you class schedule, I would highly suggest downloading Elucian Go. With this app you get an overview of your classes and can get detailed information on the class, like which classroom, professor details, time etc.
- Buy a Planner This is personal, but I need a physical planner, I don’t like electronic planners. If you are like me, don’t forget to buy one so you can start planning your semester.
- Get the Fall 2017 sticker On your first day of class don’t forget to get there a little earlier so you can get your fall 2017 sticker put on your ID. You will need it to get into the buildings.
Hope this was helpful. Good Luck!