Museums Every FIT Student Should Visit

Hello there!

Since being at FIT I’ve had a completely different view on museums. FIT really opened my eyes to the world of museums and how to really enjoy them. Listed below are some of my favorite museums and some I think everyone should go visit at least once in their lives.

The Met This must come as no surprise to any of you, but the Met is really a must on every FIT students list of museums to go see. There is such a wide variety of things to see. From eastern to western art you’ll find everything. And it’s just next to central park, which is always nice to have a stroll in after your museum visit.

Frick Collection One of my all time favorites. The architecture of the building is so beautiful, you really feel like you’ve been brought back in time. Although there are some really beautiful paintings, the furniture and decoration of the museum is the most impressive in my opinion. It’s much smaller than the Met, but it means you can really appreciate it much more and take your time to go around.

Guggenheim The architecture of the building is worth going to see (the building itself is the main attraction). It’s so unique and once you’re inside it’s one of the coolest experiences! You walk in a spiral to the top of the museum and all along the walls are paintings from a wide variety of modern and contemporary art.

Moma If you’re a fan of contemporary art you will love the Moma. They have some really wonderful collections and some really awesome special exhibits. The Moma can get really crowded at times, so I would suggest going when there’s less people. Once you finished your visit they have a garden with a cafe, which is really nice hang out spot especially during the summer.

The Cloisters If you need a break from the city I highly recommend visiting the Cloisters, it’s one of the most calming places I’ve been to here in New York. I love going there during the summer and just walking in the gardens. They have some really beautiful medieval art pieces, like the unicorn tapestries.

And lastly how could I forget our FIT Museum, which always has some really great and interesting exhibitions and is free!

xoxo

Zorya