NYC: The City of Opportunities

First of all, I hope everyone had a lovely Holiday season and break! Although I am missing the California weather, I am so excited to be back in school and in the city! I apologize for my absence blogging since I have been overwhelmed with SO many awesome things that have happened to me over the last few weeks, and now I’m back here to share!

As many of you are waiting for an admissions decision from FIT, I want you to know that no matter what happens, to never give up on yourself and your dreams. As some may know, I am a huge fan of Lady Gaga – she needs no introduction. This year, being in New York City I was able to meet her a couple of times, along with other great singers, actors, and designers.

Now, here is a picture of my Goddess herself looking beautiful….

gaga.baja
Lady Gaga wearing Scott Studenberg and John Targon of BAJA EAST.

How is this relevant? You may ask. Well…

Last week I was blessed to be able to attend a private screening of first episode of the third season of The Fashion Fund at the Morgan Library & Museum. The fashionable night entailed one of the best nights of my life. As I enter the tall glass doors of the venue, my heart began to pound as Anna Wintour, Diane von Fürstenberg and many other high profile names in the fashion industry are feet away from me mingling and taking pictures for the press. The screening ended with Q&A monitored by Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne of Public School.

cfdapanel

Oh wait… Did I forget to mention that Scott Studenberg and John Targon of BAJA EAST are CFDA finalist and are on season 3 of the show? BAJA EAST… as on the label of clothing that Gaga adores? As the Q&A sessions comes to an end (with the designers looking for interns), everyone headed upstairs for fancy refreshments and hors d’oeuvres. Tempted to approach Scott & John, my friend breaks the ice as we both express are interested in interning for the trailblazing brand. As I get their email to send my information my body is shocked with excitement.

To get to the point… I am beyond thrilled to be volunteering at the BAJA EAST fashion show this Saturday. This is an opportunity of a lifetime that can lead to a possible internship to build my knowledge in the fashion industry. Anything can happen in New York City, the concrete jungle where dreams are made of. Never give up, and most importantly…

SANTA CLARA, CA - FEBRUARY 07: Lady Gaga sings the National Anthem at Super Bowl 50 at Levi's Stadium on February 7, 2016 in Santa Clara, California. (Photo by Christopher Polk/Getty Images)

SLAY!