For all the fitness lovers out there and want something beyond what the FIT gym provides (it’s a great gym..do not get me wrong), I’m here to help! There are plenty of gyms in the Chelsea area, but not all gyms are created equal! From equipment, classes, shower facilities, and of course…price, there are a lot of things to take into consideration!
- Blink Fitness: With two locations conveniently located near FIT, it’s a big win-win. They have all of your standard cardio and weight machines as well as showers. There aren’t any classes, so this is a great place for someone who can work out independently.
- Cost: $25 per month
- 24 Hour Fitness: The prime FIT location located at 26th St and 5th Ave, you’ll have a short walk from FIT to this beautiful gym. Top of the line equipment, facilities, sauna, and locker rooms…and of course open 24 hours!
- Cost: $80-85 per month
- Equinox: The creme de la creme of fitness. From yoga classes, apparel, spa services, and boxing, they’ve got it all at their location in the Flatiron district!
- Cost: $210 per month
- Crunch Gym: Nearly all the same amenities as Equinox, just with a little less elegance. You’ve got a full service locker room, classes, a spin room, yoga classes, and Bliss products, the short walk from 23rd and 8th is a beautiful thing.
- Cost: $96 per month
- Planet Fitness: Dangerously located next to the infamous dollar slice on 27th and 7th, Planet Fitness is the least expensive gym in the city. It’s a judgment free zone, which is perfect if you’re intimidated by hitting the gym for the first time in a while!
- Cost: $10-20 per month
- New York Sports Club: Located at 23rd and 8th Ave, it’s a short walk to fitness paradise. With overnight lockers, towel services, and a sauna, it sounds like a great place to get out all of your finals week stress!
- Cost: $40-70 per month