The first project…

Well everyone it is my fourth and final semester as an Interior Design Student, I will be graduating in the winter ( Can’t wait). It has been a long grueling road in the Interior design Department for myself but I couldn’t be happier I made it through. So my first project of this semester was to make a four floor society. My society was actually one that we do have in New Jersey. It is called Ear Candy and Ear Candy helps repair old  musical instruments for under privileged children and also offers classes to teachers to help there students further there interest.

This project came with it’s challenges just like every other. Between losing family members and starting a new job it has been difficult to focus on school but luckily I pushed through. My main suggestion when you get to fourth semester interior design is ….. ( drum roll please).. Know what your good at and stay with it. For me I tried to render on the computer for the first time and well it didn’t come out amazing but it taught me a lot! I wouldn’t suggest doing that when doing a project such as this. You tend to run into problems you wouldn’t normally think about.

ctyy

ugl;This is what my Friday and Saturday nights have been looking like. I made a 1/4″ four floor model , it was fun but very time consuming.

lnjnI am pretty good at sketch up , I know the tips and tricks but when rendering in it I didn’t find it to convey my design as best as it could. So I tried Lumion but I never tried it before and a lot came up when trying to use both programs such as in Lumion you must label each thing you want to render as a different material or your entire project will be one material ( Like mine turned out). It is an amazing program to use but I would suggest playing around with it more before using it on a project. Lumion isn’t on every computer in our school but it is in C229 and the basement lab under the C building. ( Its very expensive so not everywhere has access to it ). If any one has any suggestions for my next project I’d love to know!

The image below is almost what one of my boards looks like but not quite, plus there is 5 more.  So I haven’t presented yet , I present on Tuesday ( this is the first time I have ever been done early) But once I do I will be sure to post more pictures of how it turned out and how the critique’s helped me improve! Happy Projects design students may the curve be ever in your favor ( just kidding wouldn’t a curve be nice? haha)

Good Luck

Xoxo,

Kailee

ij