Home Away From Home

Hello FIT community!  My name is Ashley and I am a first year photography major from Michigan.  For those of you who are applying and are out-of-state, I’m your girl!  Like all first year students, I’m sure you are nervous.  You have no idea what to expect and you are probably questioning every small detail wondering if you’re ready for this next chapter in your life.  While you may not be able to go home every weekend or see your friends or your dog as much as you’d like, The beautiful thing about the world we live in today, is the technology. Things such as Skype and FaceTime, as well as talking on the phone with my parents and friends are what’s keeping me sane. It’s never easy, but in life, the best things are never easy or simple.  Being so far away from home, one of my favorite things to look forward to is receiving care packages and letters from home as well as my friends attending universities across the country.  Talk to the people you want to keep in contact with and establish a mini “Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants” package/letter exchange.  It’s nice to always have something to look forward to that reminds you of home in a pleasant way.  If you’re from out-of-state, what’s one thing you will miss and one thing you won’t miss from home?  Let me know what you want to hear me talk about next!

XX
Ashley