Winter is among the Concrete Jungle…
From rain to snow and all in between, winter in New York City can be horrifically beautiful; and like Ashley said make sure to get an umbrella! Flooded curbs and pouring rain won’t stop the city that never sleeps, therefore it shouldn’t stop you from enjoying your day!
Here are a couple of things to do in NYC on rainy day!
- Chelsea Market: Take a gastronomic tour of the world at Chelsea Market. Shop at Buon Italia for the best homemade ravioli and imported olive oil and linger over cappuccino in their cafe. Try Thai cuisine, shop for rugs at Imports from Marrakesh.
- Museums, Museums, Museums! : New York City is home to a mind-boggling line-up of world-class museums and institutions. You could spend all day dry and cozy inside admiring masterpieces of art and design or marveling at the wonders of the natural world, and with an FIT
- Madame Tussauds: Walking through the bright lights of Times Square with crowds of people all around you is an incredible experience — except when it’s raining. If you see the skies start to darken as you’re walking along 42nd Street, dart into the famous wax museum Madame Tussauds for an entertaining afternoon of snapping selfies with your favorite celebrities and other famous folks like Rihanna and Katy Perry to President Obama.
- Grand Central Terminal: Classic architecture, a gourmet market, boutiques and quality food — Grand Central is the perfect hideaway for a rainy day afternoon. And, if you decide to escape the city, this is where you can pick up trains that fan out north of NYC. Upon entering, gaze up at the famous astrological ceiling and then head down to the Whispering Gallery, which has this distinct attribute.
- One World Observatory: New to NYC, the One World Observatory is a perfect rainy day get-away with an amazing view! Start by ascending to the top of the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere in less than sixty seconds, then look toward the horizon and feel the city’s invincible spirit. With a sky-high restaurant to dine at while looking upon a gloomy and beautiful cloud-filled cityscape, it’s an activity that can be done year-round!