Thinking About the End of Study Abroad

Hi Everyone!

my FIT friends and I in Hong Kong!

Something I have been thinking about a lot recently is the end of my study abroad experience.  While I still have a month and a half to go, I’m starting to feel the reality of the fact I will have to leave the places I’ve grown accustom to and the people I’ve gotten close to.  It is incredibly difficult to end any good experience, but all good things must come to a close.

I feel like I am finally understanding the classes and the people I take them with, and have made a few class friends.  It’s hard because it takes a long time to truly feel comfortable somewhere, and I am sad that right around the time I feel secure is right around when I need to think of leaving.  It’s the same when you work an internship and finally understand the office culture right before the end.

I have lots to look forwards to this summer, including plans with friends and a great internship.  I’m glad I can get excited for these things, even though I feel nostalgic for the time here already. While keeping in touch is something I have always struggled with, I think this experience will force me to do it because I do not want to lose touch with the people I have met here.

Overall, it will be time to go soon and I will get to see my family and home friends and I cannot wait.  But it will be really hard to say goodbye to the people, places and memories made here.

Best,

Sam