AAS Exhibition In Florence (Continued)

Hello EVERYONE!

Last week I was kept quite busy finishing up for the AAS Final Exhibition in Florence. On my last post I explained the theme and how we gathered all of our inspiration. From the museum we chose two objects/spaces of the museum that would inspire us for our collections. Since then we have had a few important deadlines along the way! The latest was last Friday, both of our garments were due and needed to be ready for our guest judges coming in to view them throughout the weekend. These judges included some of our professors, museum coordinators, and a very special critic, Mr. Mirko Bottai, textile designer for Pucci.

In total we completed two illustration projects and two final garments! All which are now part of my portfolio.

Both of our illustration projects include the following elements:

• Introduction Page
  • Moodboard
  • A Series of Concept Pages
  • Makeup & Beauty Pages
  • Accessories Page
  • Fabric Swatches
  • Collection Overview
  • Illustrated Models
  • Flat Sketches of Designs
  • Tech Pack for Garment Constructed
Project Example for AAS Stibbert Exhibition

(Click on Image for better view)

Along the way we had meetings with Mr. Bottai and our professors to make sure we were making all the right decisions and staying on track between our inspiration and execution of them.

I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to sit down with an industry professional to discuss the projects and listen to their suggestions to enhance my skills.

I will say it was not easy, but definitely eye-opening. To have a glance on the different jobs there is in the fashion industry, and most importantly of the main role a designer plays when it comes to creation and production of a collection.

Next week we have a celebratory ceremony, where we showcase our work in the museum. Open for parents visiting, plus other classmates and professors.

Arrivederci,

Maria

One reply on “AAS Exhibition In Florence (Continued)”