First Week in Hong Kong

Hi everyone!

It’s my first week in Hong Kong!

The jet lag has been pretty difficult (13 hours is a big difference!) but everyone has been very nice and I am excited to be spending the next 4 months here. Hong Kong reminds me a lot of New York City, and also Los Angeles. There are lots of cool shops and tasty places to eat.

PolyU has a beautiful (and convenient) campus, and meeting other exchange students from around the world is very fun. I’m excited to start classes next week, and see how they compare and differ from those at FIT.

While I am excited for all to come, I’m definitely tired! It is a lot of adjustment coming to not only a new country but a new school. PolyU uses Blackboard like FIT, but their methods of checking out classrooms to work in and other policies and procedures are different. I feel like a freshman all over again!

Overall I am more excited than ever to explore, learn and meet new people. The first week of any new endeavor is always challenging, but what I have seen so far makes me even more excited for what is to come.

Looking forwards to share more,
Sam