An End and A Beginning

For One Last Time… Hey Everyone,

Two days ago, I officially graduated from FIT. The ceremony could not have taken place on a more perfect day. Now that I have finished college and can look back on my four years, I want to share a few of the most valuable takeaways I have from attending FIT.

Your Hard Work Will Be Rewarding: One of the most important things I built at FIT was my work ethic. With every project I had, I set aside time in order to put 100% of my heart into my work. My work ethic grew stronger and more secure as the years went on. By putting hard work into everything I did, I came out of school with an internship I learned from, a GPA I am proud of, and a portfolio I am excited to work with.

It Is Okay To Make Time For Yourself: Do not forget to make time to relax and enjoy all Manhattan has to offer. There is nothing wrong with slowing down and taking a break from the hours of hard work. Sometimes, breaks from projects give more room for ideas and brainstorming.

Failure Is NOT a Bad Thing: Not every project or assignment is going to go as planned. Now is the time to take chances and make mistakes. It is the time to try new things and learn how to make something better for the next time around. Do not let failure discourage you, but rather inspire you!

Always Be True to Your Passions and Aspirations…and Most Importantly, Yourself: Never lose sight of why you are here or your passions. Be yourself unapologetically and take the time to come into who you really are. Now is the time to learn, grow, and blossom into the truest version of yourself.

It has been an incredible journey here at the Fashion Institute of Technology. I have learned so much and grown immensely; this chapter will always hold a special place in my heart, and I look forward to the next chapter ahead. Best of luck to all you soon-to-be graduates!

Thanks For Reading,
Annmarie X