How Important is My LinkedIn?!

Hello there! Hope you all had a great week so far. Midterms are in full swing and I know how stressful that can be. But don’t worry you’ll get through it! Today I thought I would talk to you a little about your LinkedIn profile, because like most freshman I had absolutely no idea how crucial my LinkedIn profile was.

It never really occurred to me that companies actually look at your LinkedIn profile, till I was asked during an interview that they had researched me on LinkedIn. Since then I’ve updated my profile, and have been contacted by a few companies. Also I’m currently in the process of looking for a Fall internship, and when I met with my counselor one of the requirements was to update and work on my profile. Yes, companies do actually look at your profile, and some even require you to submit it in addition to your cover letter and resume.

How do I grow my connections? I know that was always something I was quite worried about. All my other friends had over 500+ connections, and I’m only at like 50… Don’t worry too much about that, because you’ll built it up by networking. Every time you network or meet people through jobs or internships make sure you add them on LinkedIn, they can be really helpful for the future. Also asking your professors at the end of the semester to connect on LinkedIn is a great way to built your connections.

Hope this was helpful! If you have any questions feel free to ask them down below.

xoxo

Zorya

One reply on “How Important is My LinkedIn?!”