The FIT library is a great place to go for some quiet time, but it is also a fantastic place to receive help on research or thesis assignments! Here are some resources that the library has that you as an FIT student can take advantage of:
- PrintFx: PrintFx is FIT’s printing lab in which students and faculty have access to. It is located on the 5th floor of the Pomerantz Center in D529A. You are able to drop off orders or order online, and the services range from laser jet prints to printing on fabric, to bookbinding. PrintFx has some of the least expensive prices in the city and is always of the highest quality.
- Research and Instructional Services: If you have a thesis or research project that would like assistance in finding materials, the research services desk is happy to sit down with you, chat over the phone or email regarding your needs. To find out more information about how to book an appointment, click here.
- Rent books and movies: From the blockbuster hits to the fashion documentaries and novels, the FIT library has access to it all for your use. Don’t see the title that you are looking for? Inform the library staff and they are open to ordering it.
- Historical Forecast Archives: FIT has access to historical forecasts from the 19th century – onward. You must make an appointment to view by emailing [email protected]
- Scan textbook pages: The professor may not require the book, but they may assign readings and assignments from the textbook. Instead of purchasing the entire book and rarely using it, the FIT library has access to a majority of the typical textbooks used and they are available to scan so that you have access to the necessary pages.
I hope you enjoyed learning more about what the FIT library has to offer!