Notes From The 6 Train: Veggie Heavenly!

So I’m not sure if you all know but I am a vegetarian. I haven’t eaten meat in four years. I know it can be a challenge for anyone, esp. vegetarians to get all the nutrients we need. This problem is increased in the winter we are unable to bask in he summer sun because our skin is unable to eat up all if that vitamin (double check the vitamin) that makes us happy. We also need the strongest immune system we can have in this crazy weather AND being super close corners with people (which happens much more often in the winter months) so our systems can fight any germs folks on the train pass along to us.

So I’ve created a brief list of vegan/vegetarian restaurants to check out if you’re in a time crunch and want some tasty vegan/ vegetarian dishes. Carnivores are welcome to experiment as well!

how cute!
how cute!

So my absolute most favorite vegan place in the city is Seasoned Vegan. Not only do they have vegan food, but also raw food (food that hasn’t been cooked as to retain all of it’s nutrients that it loses when it cooked), family owned and best of all, it’s affordable! This is a huge plus when it comes to food in NYC, ESPECIALLY vegan food. Plus, it’s Harlem, and is a good reason to go exploring outside of 27th St.

images-1

The next place is much closer by. Terri’s is a great quick and fast vegetarian sandwich shop located on 23rd St. This place is also quite affordable (with a sandwich costing around $7-$8),they also vegan cupcakes, detox shakes a host of other quick foods if you’re running off (or late) to class.

yum!
yum!

This last place may seem a bit obvious… WHOLE FOODS! So, it’s definitely not the cheapest, but you can grab a quick a lunch (I usually head straight to the salad bar and grab some veggie sushi) and run back to campus since it’s only a 5 minute walk. What about you? Where do you go for your veggie delights?

All things Color, Love, & Fashion,
Ayanna L.