FIT is Alert

One of the many services that I find useful from FIT is our Emergency Messaging System called FIT Alert (which you are enrolled automatically into). This system sends out emergency communications to students about weather conditions (excellent because it might save you the commute) public health emergencies, floods, fires and violence on campus. You will receive these alerts via email but you can also opt to receive them in the forms of text messages and/or phone calls.

Useful Phone Numbers

This initiative is part of the college’s Emergency Preparedness plan to make sure we are all safe and secure as a community and on-campus during emergencies (like the annoying fire drills, yep they ARE necessary). If you log into MyFIT you will see a tab at the top (the fourth one from left to right) in which you will be able to review and confirm your information. MYFIT website alertFIT Alert is updated weekly and once you graduate you will be automatically removed (so don’t worry about sending it to your junk mail once you’re gone).

Carpe Diem,

Sadie

PS: As for me I keep getting storm update alerts but honestly I don’t care because here at Rome, la vita e bella! A post is soon to come about my first week here. Ciao, a presto!