One of the best parts of being in college is that you can actually join college groups. My best suggestion thus far is The College Group at the Met (as in Metropolitan Museum of Art), these guys throw incredible parties for new exhibits that are a perfect mix of good music, great food,korean treats art and networking. Personally, I’mroommates at event not a very big fan of museums (yes, I said it no going back) but my roommate has invited me to all of these parties and they have been a cultural blast. This time we got to attend K-Art “Splendors from Silla to Seoul” a wonderful event hosted by the Korea Society in collaboration with The CGM. pins k-art

The event was held this past Friday and it was a great way to kick-off the weekend with fun activities for undergraduate and graduaExhibition at the mette students to explore the new exhibition and enjoy performances featuring both traditional and K-pop music (yeah, dance lessons with music from Psy’s latest song). Usually for these events you have to RSVP beforehand so I suggest you join their committee and/or their Facebook group here. This time I went with my roommates and their friends and learned bits about Korean culture all while making new friends. friends at the metI definitely recommend checking out their next event, it’s my third one and I will be coming back (since now there is a mandatory $25 entrance fee, this is also a good way to get in for free).

After we were done with the exhibition (the Met was really kicking us out), we decided to go to the nearest Latin American restaurant. Turns out it was a very fun place with Latin music, amazing cuisine and great vibe. Calle Ocho at the Excelsior hotel was the perfect way to end the night, the best things happen unplanned.

friends at restaurant

Carpe Diem,

Sadie

earrings
My new-found treasure for the event