Introducing Me

Well, hello there! I am so happy you decided to stop by. Let’s start with introductions, I’ll go first – My name is Brendan Charles, I’m nineteen years old born and raised in upstate New York, Saratoga to be exact. I’m a sophomore Advertising and Marketing Communications student at the Fashion Institute of Technology and I think this major and school are the perfect “fit” for me, pun intended!

A few random facts about me incase you’re curious – I’m a Sagittarius, I love to eat french fries and guacamole (separately), I have a lifelong love and appreciation for musical theater, I’m very much obsessed with Christmas and everything that has to do with it, and I really enjoy spending time with my family and friends (awwww.)

OH, and last week I saw Cameron Diaz at Fred Segal, and I talked her out of buying this truly heinous angora sweater. Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed (whoever can name that movie gets a gold star hehe!)

Boy does it feel good to be back at FIT for my sophomore year! After a fun, relaxing summer upstate, I was itching to be back in the city. I couldn’t have asked for a better freshman year. I made amazing friends, had fantastic experiences and opportunities and began to find my place within FIT and New York City.

This year I’m living in Kaufman, FIT’s upperclassman housing located on 31st and 9th ave. What an upgrade from last year…I actually have a kitchen and bathroom of my own! Not having either last year definitely proved to me how much I took them granted. However, I do miss the convenience of living in Co-Ed, where I could leave my dorm room 2 minutes before class started and still make it on time!

To quote L.M. Montgomery’s Anne of Greene Gables, “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” Fall is officially upon us and I am loving every second of it. The air is fresh and crisp, Central Park turns from shades of green to a palette of oranges, yellows and reds, pumpkin flavored everything is being sold EVERYWHERE. Being a fashion student it’s something I look forward to all year – break out the sweaters, boots, jeans and scarves.

I have survived my midterms and look forward to the rest of the semester. I am so proud and honored to be one of the FIT Admissions Student Bloggers, and can’t wait to share my experiences with my readers! I hope you are all just as excited as I am!

xx, Brendan