First Week at FIT

Looking back on my first week at FIT, I can remember how absolutely terrified I was.  I was in a new city, it was my first time at a university, I knew very few people, and I was already homesick.  The first week can be daunting and it is the easiest and the hardest to go through.  If you are a brand new student, your first week may be the hardest on you mentally, only because you may be anxious, stressed, and nervous about your classes, but rest assured, your first week will be one of the smoothest weeks of your semester!  Your professors will most likely go over the syllabus, what textbooks you need to purchase, potentially a little bit of material and then release you for the day.

Your first week gives you the opportunity to go explore!  I highly recommend going with your roommates or friends that you made at orientation/classes and going to a new restaurant, a movie night, or hunting down the best donuts in NYC!  Try to push yourself outside of your comfort zone and go celebrate a new chapter in your life!  Remember how hard you’ve worked to get to where you are and that the best is yet to come!

Ashley