We are in the final stretch of the semester which means winter break is only a few short days away! It’s easy to get caught up in the stress of finals, packing, traveling, and saying goodbye to friends for a few weeks, but make sure that you don’t forget the following as you depart New York:
- Return your textbooks!
- Check out of the dorms/inform your RA (if living in the dorms)
- Don’t forget to lock your apartment/dorm door (you’d be surprised how many people have forgotten)
- Turn off your heat while you’re away so that you don’t run up a huge bill
- Double check that you have your wallet, ID, and passport
- Bring your winter coat with you even if you’re traveling somewhere warm. You’ll need it once you travel back to the city
- Don’t forget a portable charger for your travels and be sure to always have snacks!
- Clean out your fridge/pantry and dispose of any perishables
- Unplug any unnecessary electronics
- Relax and enjoy your break!