Notes From the 6 Train: Classes Spring 15′

So I have to admit that I’m pretty exciting for my classes this semester. Actually, I’m always excited for my classes. I often feel apathetic before school starts and then I always get a bit amped. As an FIT student employee (a blogger, ambassador or blogger but not work-study unfortunately) we always get first priority registration! So, I am able to get the classes I want! Well, at least we get the time we want, when we register we usually don’t know who out professors are at the time of registration, which we all know is a major competent of classes, but I think I’ve wound up with some pretty good teachers. A few of the classes I towards in particular are my “Starting A Small Business” class and my “International Finance” Class.

Classes this semester will hopefully make my life like these guys in Breaking Bad

Let me preface this by saying that math is certainly not my strong suit BUT I have a good professor who is extremely knowledgable, Christine Pomeranz, the chair of the International Trade & Marketing department, who worked in the international banking for twenty years & handled five BILLION dollars in accounts. Honestly, I’m hoping to get my personal finances straight in this class and get some helpful stock tips.

url

I look forward to my Starting A Small Business class because I’ve considered starting a business before. My professor for this class has owned his own moderate-better coat manufacturing company for 30 years, so he has a plethora of experimental learning as well. He is all very passionate about his profession (and works from home, #lifegoals) During this class we create our own business. There are no tests or quizzes, because the tests in real life is whether or not your business succeeds. That, is the most important test of all.

What about you? What classes/ teachers/projects are you excited for?

All things Color, Love, & Fashion,
Ayanna L.