A New Internship!

I wanted to write a quick blog post to you all to share some exciting news! I recently accepted an internship with SPI Marketing!!

What is SPI Marketing you ask? Well, SPI Marketing is a leading gay consumer / LGBT marketing firm located here in New York. SPI knows the urban and gay consumer better than anyone else. Companies seek out SPI to introduce them to the gay and lesbian market, or to reenergize their presence in this advantageous market! Some of their clients include ABSOLUT Vodka, Diet Pepsi, American Airlines, LOGO, Aquafina, IBM and many others.

Being an Advertising and Marketing Communications major, working with this company is right up my ally. When I was interviewing, we were discussing so many topics, and processes that I’ve studied in my major related classes! It’s so cool to see how it comes to life in the real world – definitely helps me learn.

You may be asking how I got the internship. Well, thankfully I maintained a great relationship with the man I interned for last year, Daniel Vosovic. Long story short, he sent my resume to some friends, they sent my resume to their friends, and voila! It shows the power of networking here in the city. Once you make a strong relationship with someone in the industry, it definitely benefits you later when looking for internships or jobs!

Don’t forget – most of all of our professors here at FIT have or are currently working in the industry! They are the perfect people to talk to about different opportunities.

I’ve only been in the SPI office one day so far, and it’s a very fun and relaxed environment! That makes me more comfortable as an intern to ask questions and actually learn! I’m so excited and grateful for this opportunity and I will definitely keep you all posted! 🙂

xx,

Brendan