I’m Going to Hong Kong!

Hi everyone!

Soon I will be embarking on a semester abroad in Hong Kong!  FIT has a direct exchange with Hong Kong Polytechnic University, which means I can complete my Production Management major required classes while I am abroad. Learn more about FIT’s study abroad programs here.

Studying abroad is something I wanted to do during my college experience, and I am excited to have the chance to spend the whole semester!  FIT offers semester-long programs, as well as ones that take place during Winter and Summer breaks.  I am taking my major classes at my host university, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, which means I stay on-track to graduate.  FIT’s curriculum is very focused on your major classes, so I am glad I will not fall behind while I am away.  Also, studying and interning in Production Management means a lot of discussion about international manufacturing.  Hong Kong and China are two massive players in the apparel manufacturing realm- studying there will give me plenty of chances to better understand the local customs, geography, and to make connections.

Studying abroad is not only a great way to learn, but to have fun!  While I am there I would like to make a trip (or two!) to Japan and to Hong Kong Disney Land.  I’m looking forwards to visiting the night markets, checking out local cafes, and going to the beautiful beaches they have there.
I will be blogging here all along the way, from what my classes are like to fun activities I get to partake in!  Be sure to follow along.
Best,
Sam