Third in the Country Ain’t So Bad

Sadly, tennis season is over and I have to retire the racquet and sneakers. We competed at the NJCAA Nationals last week. We were there from Tuesday to Friday and played at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, where the professionals play the US Open! Although it was raining for most of the time, it was still exciting to play on the same courts as the best players in the world!

There was stiff competition, but we still managed to come in third place, and Nicole, our first singles, came in first for her section. If you think about it, that means we have the best player in the whole country! The video below has a few highlights from nationals:

–Emily–

2 thoughts on “Third in the Country Ain’t So Bad

1. Natalie Fritz

Emily, awesome video and congrats to your team on a great finish to the season. I am applying to FIT for fall 2015 and have already met Coach Cabot-Puro during my visit to FIT last march for Junior Day. I plan on trying out for the team next year, so I appreciate receiving your blog including all your great experiences on the team. Great job again and keep the blogs coming! I love reading them! Go Tigers!!!

Natalie Fritz
    Stafford, VA.

Reply