Notes From the 6 Train: The Art Collective

I am newly accepted member of the Art Collective! Hooray! No surprise there since is basically like an art and museum club! As the oddball in the club, as the only business major in a club full of fine arts major, it’s a great way for me to meet other people I wouldn’t usually interact with otherwise. I only saw the information for the club because I was in the fine arts department for my painting class. It’s great because the teachers who the advisers are in the art scene, know all the art galleries, and more importantly, know all the free/ supremely inexpensive galleries and museums. A few Fridays’ ago I went to the Museum of Art & Design with the club and didn’t have to pay anything! It’s also nice because we all travel together but view the gallery at out own pace, and can leave whenever, with no pressure to stick together as a group. ( That’s important to me, I don’t like feeling people are slowing me down. Lol)

unnamed( Here’s me looking pensive while observing the jewelry collection. The collection was filled with lots of rare pieces from Tiffany & Co. as well as other high fashion designers.)

Apparently, many galleries offer a “pay what you want” on certain days/ in the evening. I had no idea! But as one of the advisers of the club said the other day ” if you deal with all the headaches of New York, you may as well experience all great things about it was well.” Living in what could arguably one of the most artistically vibrant cities in the world is quite a treat. Go explore it! For free! And you need some help finding about what’s going on in the art world, join the Art Collective Club!

All things Color, Love & Fashion,

Ayanna L.