With the beautiful 5 week break that FIT gives us, it may be difficult to not get bored. While you could sleep your entire break away, there are some very productive, yet fun and relaxing things to do no matter where you live. Here are some activities that are on my person winter break to do list that you can give a try as well:
- Spend time with family and friends. I haven’t been home for 4.5 months so seeing my loved ones is absolutely necessary.
- Read. There are so many good books that I have yet to read due to not having enough time. Well, no there’s no excuse to not pick up a good read from the library.
- Cook & Bake. I’m so incredibly excited to cook and bake day in and day out. My family and friends are about to be very happy with all the food I’m going to be cooking. I plan on making double batches to donate to local places such as police officers, firefighters, and snow plowman. They don’t get as much love as they should. Check out Pinterest for food inspiration! (Careful, it’s addicting)
- Photo shoots! Even though I’m on break, there is no such thing as a break for a photography major. I am super excited to be shooting again with all my friends and in a familiar atmosphere.
- Sleeping. While I did say not to sleep the entire winter break away, it is called break for a reason.
- Random Acts of Kindness. Get a few of your friends together and go around your town doing random acts of kindness such as paying for someone’s parking meter, lunch, or even leaving quarters attached to the vending machine. You’ll make someone’s day and you’ll feel really great about yourself. Give it a try! You won’t regret it.