Spending Saturdays with my Best Friend

It’s obvious that the reason most people come to FIT is that they love what they’re doing. But, what also matters is the people you surround yourself with. Since my commute to FIT is somewhat long, it’s great to have my friend Erin join me every Saturday morning. We travel together, take separate classes, meet up after class, grab lunch, and get on the bus. (Occasionally, we go on little city adventures as well!)

Erin is an Interior Design student. In case you aren’t familiar with the field, interior designers study the utilization of space. They draw out floor plans, and pick out paints fabrics, and furniture, all in order to create the best room, house, apartment, or store. They try to really get to know their clients, so they are able to design the perfect room for them.

When Erin and I meet up after class, she shows me the fabrics and paint swatches she picked out, and I show her my magazine spreads that I designed. We really enjoy sharing in each other’s work!

Erin (left) and me (right)
Erin (left) and me (right)

This Precollege course is (unfortunately) ending in two weeks. It really has been a positive experience for both Erin and myself. We were really able to get a feel for what it’s like to study at FIT, and what it’s like to be a designer!

TTFN,

♥Marisa♥

,

Comments

One response to “Spending Saturdays with my Best Friend”

1. Gowling Stairs Avatar

It feels good when you spend weekend with your friends after a long time. I always went for a vacation with my best friends.