A Trip to Macy’s!

nyc_macysHi everyone! This past weekend my Professor invited one of his former students, Bianca, to come and talk to us about her experience working in the fashion industry. Since she works at the Macy’s a few blocks over she was able to take us there and really show us where all of her hard work ends up. As most of you probably know the Macy’s in New York City is literally heaven. With the endless racks of clothes, shoes, bags, makeup and jewelry I could probably spend hours there.

Bianca works hands on with the company INC by Macy’s dealing with people overseas, analyzing sales and thinking about new ways to incorporate new details on to their clothing pieces. She was seriously the sweetest person ever and answered all of our questions. Although she said working in this industry isn’t exactly how it’s portrayed in The Devil Wears Prada she told us her job has pushed her to work harder than she ever thought she could. One thing she told us was after working with a certain garment for so long, finally seeing it on the floor being sold is such an amazing feeling. That statement made me think about how it must feel to see an item go from a simple sketch to being sold to consumers. Wow. This trip allowed me to get the “inside scoop” of what working in the fashion industry is really like and I really enjoyed it.

On the other side of things, there are only two weeks of the spring semester left. I can’t believe it! It went by so fast! I’m going to miss all of the friends I have made in my class and I’m just going to miss the class in general. But, I am also very excited to start my summer Precollege class soon after that! For the class I’m currently taking we have an end of the semester project. I have to make a mood board and write a short essay about a brand of my choice. I of course chose Michael Kors because I am absolutely in love with that brand. I can’t wait to show you guys how it comes out!

Until next time,

Nicole

Comments

2 responses to “A Trip to Macy’s!”

1. Lisa Conway Avatar
    Lisa Conway

I can’t believe your class is almost over–that went so fast! Will you be writing a blog for your summer class? I really enjoy reading them.

2. AnnMarie Avatar
    AnnMarie

Great Job Nicole! I love that Macys too.