Gary Wolf is currently a professor in the Fashion Business Management Department and previously Acting Assistant Chairperson at Fashion Institute of Technology in New York. He has an undergraduate degree from the University of Georgia and an MBA degree from Georgia State University. He has taught many courses relating to the industry: Fashion Marketing, Fashion Business Practices, Consumer Motivation in Fashion, Merchandise Planning and Control, Fashion Merchandising, Small Store Fashion Management, Fashion Inventory Management, Merchandise for E-commerce, Business of Licensing, Supply Chain Management, and Principles of Accounting. Gary has also been an Adjunct Professor not only at FIT, but at NYU, St John’s University, Hofstra University, Baruch University, and Parsons School of Design. During the summers of 2016 and 2017 instructed a merchandise math and inventory valuation class at ZSTU in China. Gary Wolf is a principal at Global Management Partners a consulting and advisory service firm for early stage and middle market enterprise organizations in the manufacturing, service, and retail companies. Global Management Partners (GMP) concentrates on driving marketing, financial, and strategic planning activities for these respective vertical industries.
Learning about the fashion business should include problem-solving techniques resembling real-life situations in the modern world of predicting the future success of various strategies. I stress cognitive learning with an integration of modern fashion decision making with current examples of success.
- National Field Marketing Director of Internap Network Services Corporation, a NASDAQ listed Ecommerce innovator and provider
- Vice President, Planning and Marketing at Frederick Atkins, Inc., an international service, apparel product development, and research corporation.
- Vice President and Corporate Controller at Frederick Atkins.
- Board of Directors, Audit Committee, of Ultimate Shopping Network an OTC listed home shopping network and multi-store retailer
- Fathers Day Mothers Day Council and previously with Young Men’s Association (YMA) both non-profit apparel supported associations.