Fashion in the Family

My mom took this photo of my sister and I having tea after shopping at Bergdorf Goodman

I’m very lucky; my family has always been supportive of my fashion dreams. From an early age I looked up to my mom, who has worked for companies like Liz Claiborne and Ralph Lauren, and is now at Michael Kors. I often hear people say that it took them a while to realize fashion could be a real career, but because of my mom, I’ve always known that fashion is an industry and not just something frivolous.

My dad and my sister have also influenced my love for fashion. When I was growing up, my dad was always taking pictures. A few years ago he taught me how to take photos and helped me pick out my first SLR camera, and I’ve been hooked on photography ever since. Without knowledge of the camera, I wouldn’t have been able to start my personal style blog, The Style Child.

Images are such a huge part of fashion. Ad campaigns, magazine editorials, and online content all require skilled lensmen to capture the mood and emotion of a brand or story. My sister has been photographing me for my blog, and she does a great job of capturing exactly what I envision each time we shoot.

My family members have helped and inspire me, and they are reason I’m here at FIT. It was my mom’s idea to sign me up for classes for the past two summers, and I wouldn’t be able to get to the city each day without a ride to the train from my dad. I know not everyone has a family as encouraging as mine, so I’m grateful for everything they do to support me.

Until Next Time,

Lindsay

Comments

One response to “Fashion in the Family”

1. Philip I. Leslie Avatar
    Philip I. Leslie

Good for you! Keep going!