Instructor Spotlight: Jamie Ross

Jamie Ross is an Adjunct Professor for Fashion Merchandising Management in the School of Business and Technology at the Fashion Institute of Technology.

Professor Ross has taught at FIT since 2007  and received her AAS in Fashion Buying and Merchandising and her BS in International Trade and Marketing from FIT. She has been quoted in Elle magazine, The Wall Street Journal, Crains, and USA Today among others and has appeared on segments of Good Morning America and CNN.

Professor Ross teaches HFM 064: The Ins and Outs of Fashion Merchandising for Precollege Programs at FIT.

Ms. Ross’  Teaching Philosophy:

I believe in teaching students the current reality of the fashion industry and the tools and resources I use everyday. I like to create a very positive atmosphere for the students where they can feel free to express themselves and encourage and interract with others. Field trips and hands on projects further enhance the experience.

On Precollege Programs:

I find teaching the Precollege programs to be an extremely rewarding and humanistic way to give back to the industry at the earliest level. I give the Precollege students a tremendous amount of credit for being motivated to get an early start on their college education, along with attending high school. Their enthusiasm motivates me to share as much as possible.

Industry Experience:

• September 2000 – Present
    THE DONEGER GROUP, New York, NY
    Creative Director
  • April 1999 – Sept. 2000
    J.C.PENNEY CO., New York, NY
    Fashion Specialist (and previously with JCP from 1989-1992)
  • April 1994 – Nov. 1997
    POPULAR CLUB/J.CREW INC., Garfield, NJ
    Fashion Stylist
Recent/Upcoming Shows/Exhibitions:
  • March 22 and April 26 2012 – Miami and Europe Street Scenes Presentations at Doneger Offices
  • December 2011 – Margit Symposium at FIT
  • June 2011 – HBA Beauty Expo – Spoke on Bergdorf Goodman monitored panel about new trends in the beauty industry

2 responses to “Instructor Spotlight: Jamie Ross”

1. […] because we were so excited to get to class.  Once I walked into my classroom the instructor, Professor Jamie Ross, greeted me with a smile.  She made everyone feel welcome and very comfortable.  We began by […]

2. […] I got into class my professor, Jamie Ross, showed up shortly after. This Spring I am taking Fashion Forecasting: Seeing into the Future. This […]