I’ll Miss Them… My New Friends

What I like the most about FIT is that you can find people with similar interests as you; for sure my friends are making this experience even better!

I have met great people in both of my classes!  In my first class (Fashion design) there are very talented girls. Everyone is always happy in this class. I love the environment during it that class. Actually, I spend my first weekend with some friends from that class; we went to the Alexander Mc Queens exhibition.

Lunch is one my favorite parts of the day because you can hang out with all the students and grab some food from the places around FIT, my favorite restaurant is an organic one about three blocks away.

My second class (AMC) is really funny!!!!! I have made many good friends there too. Yesterday during break we were kind of lost, so we found a huge gym and some dance classrooms on the lower level of the B building, which we didn’t even know existed. The coolest thing  there were the walls which simulated a Greek landscape with columns and trees drawn all over them. My friends and I decided to take some pictures. Have you ever been there??

I love to hang out with my friends after school. Usually we go shopping or we go to the movies. For example, yesterday we saw Harry Potter. At first I wanted to wait and watch it in Mexico but everyone in my two classes were talking about it so finally I decided to go, it was great!!

Being surrounded by people from different parts of the world and with different ways of thinking is a unique experience; this experience has changed the way I see things. I am going to post some images so you can get an idea of how my life is and my friends are…..

Have a great weekend!

Ximena

,