Do what you love, love what you do.

Everyone has someone or something that inspires them to work harder to reach their dreams. Most people are inspired by a well known name, but I am inspired by my sister Raquel.

My sister attended FIT and was the graduating class of 2011. She studied fashion merchandising and her junior year of college she found out about the studying abroad program to Italy. Italy is where it ALL started. When she was in Italy she learned a lot about herself and the fashion industry. She spent six months in Italy, and then after studying abroad she just kept going back for visits. Graduation day finally came and Raquel decided that she wanted to live her life in Italy and try to live out her dream of fashion there. Well… want to know what happened?… she is now living in Italy with her friend and they are starting their own fashion line. It is called Peridot and I know that it will be a success.

Seeing my sister live out her dream has taught me many things. My sister never gave up no matter what was put in her way and no matter how many obstacles she went through it still did not stop her. She has such a passion for fashion and that is why she is so successful. You have to do what you love and love what you do and you will succeed. You NEVER should give up and especially at a school like FIT you will go far.

I have had people tell me to not major in photography in college and people are always trying to put my dream down, but when I hear these insults I just think about my sister and everything and everyone that put her down; but the criticism made her even more successful because she has the biggest passion for what she does and that is what’s most important in life. I know that if I work really hard and put my heart into all my work I can reach my dream as well, but in the art of photography.

Brooke

,

One response to “Do what you love, love what you do.”

1. Lourdes Avatar
    Lourdes

This inspired me. I was going this summer to FIT to attend precollege, but we had some family problems. I’m from Puerto Rico and Im a Senior. My dream is to go to FIT next year after i graduate, and study fashion merchandise.