Sensational Sights & Surprises!

Hello everyone and Happy November!

Something I find great at FIT is the fact there’e always something happening. Whether it be a Portfolio Day, Admissions tours, or visiting the Style Shop; there really is always a way to get involved!

For instance on Saturday (Halloween!! Hope you all got loads of candy!), I arrived to the school and was surprised by this quirky mural! An FIT alum, Angel Garcia, was invited to kick off #chalkfit with his colorful and eyecatching street art!

"Innovation" -Mural done by FIT alum, Angel Garcia
“Innovation” – Mural done by FIT alum, Angel Garcia
Mural on the Pomerantz building

All week, FIT Illustration students will be able to share their art by creating beautiful murals of their own that will be plastered all over the Pomerantz building.

I don’t know about you, but I’m eagerly anticipating arriving at FIT on Saturday to see all the murals created/in the process of creation! I remember this time last year I saw all the murals online so being able to see them for myself is going to be so awesome!

Remember to keep your eyes peeled for these talented students creations and take pictures!

Another unexpected surprise this week was my Professor taking my class over to the exhibit, Fashion Underground: The World of Susanne Bartsch, for inspiration when working on our magazines.

Fashion Underground: The World of Susanne Bartsch @ The Museum at FIT

The exhibit presents almost 100 detailed and extravagant ensembles that are a must see for any student. It’s eye catching and mesmerizing, the amount of detail and thought process that must have gone into each and every garment is fascinating. If I could sit and analyze each piece all day trust me, I would!

If you can, try to stop by while you’re at the school! The Museum at FIT is located directly across from the Pomerantz building and the exhibit is open until the 5th of December.

FIT is always bubbling with activities and who knows, maybe you’ll be surprised like I was along the way!

Thank you all for reading and have a great day!

-Emily Kelly