Friendships

Hi guys! 10 weeks should feel like a long time, but these weeks have gone by so quickly. With only two classes left, the friendships that have been formed is what I will miss so much. FIT is fabulous because you are brought together with people who share your interests. This is so different from school because there are very few people who have an interest in what I do. Being in a classroom for hours every Saturday with similar, yet different people is so amazing. I know that I will still keep in contact with the friends I have made after these two classes, and I will hopefully see them again. In my first class, sewing, it is fun to sit at a machine next to friends and sew & talk. Since we have extra time in class, my friend and I made shirts that we taught ourselves to make. It was fun discovering what we could do and what we had learned. It is also really nice to be in a classroom filled with so many sewing machines, it just makes me happy! In my second class, drawing the fashion figure, we have so much fun. I think I have made a new friend every class! Our teacher is always cracking jokes, and makes us all laugh. In this class, the ages range from 14-20. It is cool to talk to juniors about their experience and ask them advice for what I should do. I look forward to my last two classes, but I don’t want them to be over!

Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 8.41.00 AM

Photo from “FITchella” last week!!

~Emerson 🙂