Getting inspired at the MET!

Hi everyone!

Last Wednesday, my Precollege class took a trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Despite the fact that the subways were the equivalent of a sauna, I had an amazing time.

photo 3
Finished Inspiration Board
photo
My favorite design by Charles James

photo 4 The purpose of our field trip was to get inspired by the designer Charles James by looking at some of his work. After looking at many of his beautiful designs we were to design an inspiration board that would help a perfumer to decipher what type of smell we would want our perfume to have. Walking into the costume exhibit to look at some of Charles James’ designs was a little overwhelming. He had so many beautiful and elegant designs I was in love.

After leaving the museum my partner and I decided that since Charles James designed many dark and sophisticated gowns our perfume should have an “elegant nighttime” feel to it. In the end we decided we would have to incorporate amber, lavender and a floral smell to make the perfume have that perfect elegant, girly feel to it.

When we were at the museum I took pictures of my favorite dresses to share with you all and I will also add in a picture of our finished inspiration board.

“In fashion even what seems most fragile must be built on cement” ~ Charles James

Until next time,

Nicole

One response to “Getting inspired at the MET!”

1. Dennis Avatar
    Dennis

Once again outstanding insight!