FIT Precollege Influences

Even though I am only five weeks into my first Precollege course at FIT, I have definitely seen changes in myself. FIT is my outlet to channel my creativity and to put all of the ideas I have into action. I have a different mindset during FIT class than I do during, lets say, math (Don’t get me wrong, I also have a passion for logarithms and trig functions). But, while I’m designing at the computer, I need to switch the focus into what looks the best aesthetically. The possibilities are endless, because there is no “wrong” answer.

The program that we are using is called Adobe InDesign. Knowing the tips andScreen Shot 2014-04-03 at 9.56.28 AM tricks of using this program is an extremely useful tool. By downloading it on my own laptop, I am able to use what I have learned from FIT in my everyday life. Using InDesign to spruce up regular high school presentations allows me to practice the program and to learn new things by trial and error.

My FIT Precollege course has also changed the way I view things. Whether we realize it or not, design is everywhere. Everyday products such as soda cans and makeup products involve packaging designers. Packaging Design Advertisements in magazines are put together by designers. Window presentations in stores are done by visual designers, as well. Design is so important, and it’s all around us. This is why I’m so happy to be a part of the FIT Precollege community.

See Ya Around,

Marisa