How to Manage School and FIT Work

Long time no talk! I’m so sorry for the lack of posts. I’ve had some trouble with being sick and my old, no longer functioning laptop (you will be missed).   

But I am back, better than ever and ready to blog! The first few months of school have been pretty crazy for me. However, I’ve learned how to effectively balance school/FIT work, college applications and even have time for a social life. The key to time management is setting specific times to do things. Here are some tips that have really helped me stay on task with all of my work:

• Homework: Do all of your homework right when you get home from school. I know I used to want to relax and think about anything but school work but you will seriously love yourself for getting it out of the way. A really helpful tip I use is to set a time to finish all of your work by.  i.e: Make it a goal to finish all of your work before dinner. And if you meet your goal, treat yourself to something yummy like ice cream for dessert!

• FIT work: Finishing your homework earlier not only gives you the freedom to do whatever you want at night, but also some extra time to work on FIT class work. If you fall behind in class, the work can sometimes pile up. However, if you take a half an hour, each day of the week, you will definitely finish all of the work by your Saturday and/or Sunday class. Sometimes, if I am extremely busy in school, I will save my work for the train ride into the city. I guess living 2 and a half hours outside of New York City isn’t such a bad thing after all!

These tips might seem pretty obvious, but they definitely have helped me become more organized with my work! In class, we’ve just began to work on our boutique layouts in a software called SketchUp. Here is a preview of what my Bridal Boutique is going to look like:

It doesn’t look like much as of right now, but I promise I will keep you updated!

I’m so glad to be blogging again and I can’t wait to go back to FIT to continue to work on my store! Have a great Thanksgiving and I’ll talk to you all again very soon!

Lilli